When looking for dementia care for a loved one, you are sure to be looking for the best. Whether you are a son, daughter, sibling, partner or dear friend, we know you will be looking for care services that ensure dignity, care and compassion. Here at 1st Grade Care, we provide dementia home care for our service users that you can rest assured provides peace, happiness and safety. Dementia care at home is seen as an ideal form of care for many, due to the fact that the home is a place of comfort, familiarity and happiness.
Experience has shown us that a change in environment can be daunting and distressing for a person with dementia. This is why we offer high quality care services to people from the warmth of their own homes. Home is a haven to many and people living with dementia are no exception. We are firm believers in specialist, care at home wherever appropriate We provide qualified care workers with a deep understanding of dementia who lead with education, empathy and compassion. We offer tailored care to our service users as we know dementia can present in a variety of ways and can exist in a range of stages.
We offer our dementia home care services to people in various parts of Wales and England.
What Is Dementia?
Dementia is an umbrella term for a collection of conditions that affect mental cognitive abilities and causes a progress decrease in ability to think. Though it is difficult to know the exact number of people living with the condition, it is estimated that 850,000 Britons live with dementia today. It is important to note that every individual is unique and will experience dementia in their own way, but usual presentations involve:
Difficulty performing familiar tasks
Difficulty planning and concentrating
Difficulty with communication and language
Difficulty determining time and place
Behavioural and mood changes
Dementia is diagnosed based on careful medical examination, laboratory test, extensive medical history taking and a physical examination. With adequate attention, care and understanding, dementia sufferers can find some respite from the difficulty and stresses that come with the condition. Dementia is not a condition exclusive to the elderly. In 2013, there were 42,325 people with early-onset dementia (onset before the age of 65 years) in the UK. We provide specialist care to adults of all ages living with the condition.
What Are The Types Of Dementia ?
There are known to be six types of dementia:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Vascular dementia
- Mixed dementia
- Lewy-body dementia
- Frontotemporal dementia
- Parkinson’s dementia
- Other types of dementia that affects 3% of the British population.
For expert dementia care at home, get in touch with us today. We will offer a plan that is completely tailored to the person, and one that puts our service users and their families first.
The personal plan/service delivery plan will set out:
- How the service user’s individual care and support needs will be met.
- How the service user will be supported to achieve their personal outcomes.
- The steps which will be taken to mitigate any identified risks to the individual’s well-being
- The steps which will be taken to support positive risk-taking and independence where it has been determined this is appropriate.
In preparing the personal plan/service delivery plan the organisation will take into account:
- The individual’s care and support plan.
- If there is no care and support plan, our specialist assessment will ensure one is put in place.
- Any health or relevant assessments.
- The individual’s views, wishes and feelings.
- Any risks to the individual’s well-being.
- Any risk to the well-being of other individuals to whom care and support is provided.