Visa Sponsorship

What Is Visa Sponsorship and How Do You Get It?

We have provided a brief overview of some key questions and answers that maybe helpful. In addition to this we have published a Guide to Sponsorship that provides general guidance to existing employees on sponsorship.


Does 1st Grade Care provide visa sponsorship?

1st Grade Care have a licence to provide Skilled Worker Visa sponsorships, and the roles in which we sponsor are on the UK Shortage Occupation List.


What is a skilled worker visa?

A Skilled Worker visa allows you to come to or stay in the UK to do an eligible job with an approved employer.


Can I apply for a role if I’m not based in the UK?

1st Grade Care only offer sponsorship if you are currently in the UK.


What is the UK Shortage Occupation List?

The Short Occupation List is a list of skilled occupations that the UK job market is unable to adequately fill. If companies are unable to acquire the skills needed to fulfil a role within their workforce, they may consider sponsoring someone with relevant skills under the skilled worker route. Care Workers are on the UK Shortage Occupation List.


What is a Certificate of Sponsorship (COS)?

A certificate of sponsorship, or COS, is issued by 1st Grade Care who are approved sponsors to workers we wish to hire. A COS is a unique reference number that must be submitted as part of the visa application process, The worker uses the COS number to apply for their Skilled Worker visa. The worker will need to apply online, and within 3 months of getting their COS.

The cost of issuing each certificate of sponsorship is £199.


What is the Health & Care Worker visa application process?

Individuals applying for the Health and Care Worker visa will need to apply using the normal Skilled Worker application form and, checking the box to confirm they’re applying for this subcategory of visa, along with proof of identity and other relevant supporting documentation and information.

Skilled Worker visa applicants whose job is in a shortage occupation benefit from reduced application fees. If the application is successful, as with other applicants under the Health and Care Worker visa, social care workers will be able to move to the UK with dependants, including any partner and children, provided these individuals are also eligible.

Better Home Health Care is Our Mission

© Copyright 1st Grade Care Ltd 2023 – All Rights Reserved